21 September 2014

Quick drawing

red chalk pencil on sketchbook page
Beyond studio 5, study 1. 2014
graphite pencil on sketchbook page
Beyond studio 5, study 3. 2014
red chalk pencil on sketchbook page
Beyond studio 5, study 4. 2014
red chalk pencil on sketchbook page
Beyond studio 5, study 2. 2014

Scrubby trees hide my studio from the park, a messy patch that no one notices
I stand and draw them quickly, taking note of how my eye moves over the scene. I do not see one still image but scan through many connections, sometimes focusing on a detail, how can I follow this with my pencil?

Scrubby, pencil, charcoal, carbon on folded paper. 2014
Scrubby, pencil, charcoal, carbon on paper. 2014

I find an old comment on CyTwombly describing his work with 'sparseness, clumsiness, awkwardness and rareness'. It is a decisive moment that gives each work meaning.


Life drawing, quick poses using ink and stick.

Actor sitting 1, ink and  twig drawing 2014
Actor sitting 1, ink and  twig drawing 
Actor sitting 2, ink and  twig drawing 2014
Actor sitting 2, ink and  twig drawing 
Actor lounging, ink and  twig drawing 2014
Actor lounging, ink and  twig drawing 

No comments:

Post a Comment